Welcome to the January 12 DUC Meeting!

Welcome to today’s meeting on approaches to appointment reminders and tracking! After logging in or creating your account, reply to this post and answer the following prompt to introduce yourself and share your experiences:

• Share your name and where you are joining today’s meeting from. Is there a special program or grant you are working on that relates to the mission of the DUC? Finally, how would you describe your experiences with mHealth solutions? What are some pros and cons?
1 Like

Hello. I’m Jennifer Shivers from Regenstrief in Indianapolis, IN. I’m excited to learn more about mHealth.

2 Likes

Hi All! I’m Kasey Cummins - also from Regenstrief in Indianapolis, IN! So excited to hear more about your experiences!

2 Likes

Ciao! I’m Michael Kohn from Medic Mobile, joining from Trieste, Italy. Medic Mobile is the primary contributor to the Community Health Toolkit, an mHealth global good.

3 Likes

Welcome, Michael! We’re so happy you are joining in today and to learn more about you!

2 Likes

Hello! Sara Herbst with S/GAC, joining from Washington, DC.

I don’t have much experience with mHealth, but I’m looking forward to learning more about it!

1 Like

Welcome, Sara! Thanks for sharing - I’m hoping to learn more as well!

Hello! My name is Isaac Holeman, I’m the Chief Research Officer at Medic Mobile and a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Washington. Calling in from Greenwood British Columbia.

I’ve been designing, implementing, studying mHealth interventions for over a decade, and in particular have worked extensively with the Community Health Toolkit open source project. I’ve seen many advantages for mHealth interventions related to the coverage, quality, speed, and equity of care. Potential cons include the fact that mHealth interventions are typically complex to design and implement, without the right supports many initiatives fail to meet expectations or grow/scale/sustain beyond initial pilots. They can also be expensive. We have a lot more evidence and best practices to build on today that was the case a decade ago, but it still takes careful planning to design systems that deliver good value.

My collaborators Caryl and Phiona will be presenting about a couple of our projects during today’s webinar. This is my first time joining the DUC call, I’m looking forward to the discussion!

1 Like

Welcome, Isaac! Thank you for this thoughtful response and for sharing your experiences with mHealth interventions.

1 Like