Preparing for the February 9 DUC Meeting!

This month’s meeting will focus on Medical Records and Continuity of Treatment (Retention) and will host a series of Lightning Talk presenters that will share more on popular EMRs.

Presenters: Please respond to this post to share who you are as well as the EMR you will be discussing along with the country it’s active in. We also encourage you to share your slides in this space before the meeting.

Here’s a sneak peek at the presentations you’ll get to see at this meeting:

• Kenya (KenyaEMR)
  • Uganda (UgandaEMR)
  • Haiti (iSantéPlus)
  • Nigeria (NigeriaMRS)
  • Nigeria (LAMIS)
  • Malawi EMR

DUC Meeting Attendees: Please respond to this post with any questions you have currently for the presenters as well as to respond to the following prompt:

What features are most helpful in supporting continuity of treatment (retention)? What features do you wish medical record solutions had to help you support retention?

1 Like

This meeting will take place next week on February 9 at 9-10:30am EST (2pm UTC). More details and Zoom connection can be found here: Meeting Reminder: February 9 at 9 a.m. (EST)

1 Like

DUC_KC_Fev2021.pdf (1.6 MB)

Hello all, I am posting the slides that my colleague from CHARESS, Kemar Celestin, will present about Haiti’s iSantePlus EMR system during the DUC lightning talks this week. The presentation includes screenshots of alerts and reports that support client management for retention in care, as well as screenshots of a continuum of care feature which allows health workers to download care summaries for patients who have received care across multiple health facilities.

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Alexander Alozie. I am the Health Infomatics Lead at Data.FI Nigeria. I will be presenting the treatment continuation/retention features in LAMIS.

LAMIS is one of the national approved EMRs in Nigeria. The system is currently deployed in over 700 facilities across the country.

Presentation Slides: LAMIS Treatment Continuation Features.pptx (2.1 MB)

4 Likes

Hello all,

The PIH Malawi team will be presenting on patient tracking and retention (TRACE) for HIV and NCD and an OpenMRS-based EMR makes it all possible. The EMR covers 14 facilities in the district of Neno, Malawi.

Presentation Slides: PIH_Malawi_treatment_continuity_retention_090221.pptx (3.2 MB)

Thanks,

Limbani.

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am Stephen Senkomago Musoke, a software engineer with the METS program in Uganda, a CDC funded collaboration between Makerere University School of Public Health and University of California San Francisco, which is working with MoH to design, develop, rollout and maintain UgandaEMR an OpenMRS distribution which is currently deployed in 1,200 sites across the country

Presentation Slides: UgandaEMR-DataUseCommunity-v1.3.pdf (2.5 MB)

5 Likes

Good day,

My Name is Mzwandile Vilakati, I will be presenting Eswatini CMIS Digital health for patient retention.pdf (905.2 KB)on Client Management information System (CMIS) in Eswatini. Key focus will be on the system’s support towards patient retention.

2 Likes

KenyaEMR presenter has an introduction posted here: Otieno Benard

Slides can be accessed here: DUC Lightning talk Feb 2021_KenyaEMR.pdf (1.1 MB)

Thanks @botienoh for sharing this!

1 Like

Hello everyone,

My name is Gibril Gomez, a NigeriaMRS & West Africa OpenMRS Community coordinator. I work with JHPIEGO on a USAID-funded project. It was a pleasure to present NigeriaMRS.

Please find attached presentation slides for the NigeriaMRS DUC Lightning Talk. NigeriaMRS_Feb_03_2021_DUC_Lightening_Talk_2.pptx (3.2 MB)

Best

Gibril

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your presentation!